Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hearing God, again?

I had been warned about YWAM. I had been warned about DTS. Not bad warnings, but warnings nonetheless!

Stepping into our first day of Lecture, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I wasn’t sure if we were going to be dipping our pinky toes in the shallow end of the ‘God-pool’ or if we were going to be jumping off the high dive. The answer? C. None of the above.

The shoved us off a 40’ cliff into the ocean.

We started off with Hearing God. Now, by NO means is this concept foreign to me, I’ve heard Him speak in many ways at many different times in my life. Plus (those of you back home know) that my Dad has taught this class before, as well as a handful of others, so I’ve heard the material before. While this may not have been foreign to me, there are some people on my team that had a hard time wrapping their heads around this concept.

I can’t even begin to describe to you my giddiness to hear Him speak ‘again’. Here is the thing though; He never stopped speaking.

I stopped listening.

As I spent some time on the beach this afternoon I was having a conversation with the Lord about the activities of the morning.

It went something like this:

Me: So, God, that was REALLY AWESOME what you did today.

God: What was so awesome?

Me: Ummm… You Spoke? Remember?

God: Yeah I know that, but why is that so awesome?

Me: Because I haven’t heard You like THAT, with such clarity, in a really long time.

God: Well, why is that? I’ve never stopped speaking to you. Even when you don’t listen, I speak to you, I sing over you while you
sleep, I am your comforter and provider, I am everything you will ever need.

Me: #flabbergasted

God: I love you.

And our conversation continued into things just for me ☺

This morning was truly incredible. I realized how I had NOT been listening to Him or even FOR Him. It was really I opening, because when I sat still and listened and remember who He was (Ps 46:10) He SPOKE. To me, to my classmates, to situations, and I could not have been more blown away.

This is only the beginning, and it makes my heart RACE! I’m so thrilled to continue to hear Him and listen. I’m excited for the freedom coming for myself and my classmates. I cannot begin to express the love I have for my classmates, and the staff. What an incredible group the Lord has put together!

2 comments:

Bob Hamp said...

"I Opening" ....I love it...I am so thrilled for you honey.....I love your writing about it...I love your unabashed excitement and love....I love you!!

Star Girl said...

I love it Jillian! I love that there was cliff diving/jumping ;) ... I love the way He speaks to you and is turning what was occasion to bread that you need daily! So proud of you! Love being one of your cheerleaders from back home! Go for it gurrl! Take it all the way with God!

Great Love! ~Ris