Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All this, just to end up here.

Lately, I've been finding myself staring down at my odometer on Trip B, where I keep track of the miles travelled each time I fill up my tank.

I fill up my tank and reset "Trip B" to zero and go from there.

Then I'll look down again, and see that I've gone 247 miles just to end up back at the gas station to start the process all over again. Or I'll look down and see I've travelled 92.6 miles just to end up in my driveway after a workout.

How many times do we do this in life? How many times do we go to church and fill ourselves up with the Word, and His love, just to travel 3 days - 7 days - 10 days - a month - before we end up back in His presence to fill up again, to fill ourselves to the point of overflowing, from overflowing to full, and from full to empty again.

What happens in those days? Those miles? What happens at the destinations where the car takes us? What happens because of the overflow of what is happening in our hearts?




Just a thought...
what are you doing with the miles in between?

1 comment:

Melissa Aulds said...

dang, girl. that was good! Thanks for sharing!