Monday, December 7, 2009

Epiphany | My Match

So a few weeks ago I had this epiphany... and, to me it was really revelatory and awesome.

I was driving down the road praying for my future spouse, praying for his characteristics, his quirks, his loves, his passions. Praying qualities for him that I see from other men in my life. I remember thinking, 'God, I really wish I could just marry this one particular guy' and the second I thought that I had this flash, this epiphany of why I CAN'T marry him.

God has a call on my life that is super specific to me and my hearts desires. and looking at this guy, God has a call on his life that is specific to him, and his hearts desires. That call, those desires, are SO different from each other, that we could never be the people we were called to be if we decided to spend forever together. We didn't match.

So now, I find myself praying for my match, for my partner, for my alignment with what has been ordained for my destiny.

And it makes me really excited.

Now, being 21 years old, I am in no hurry to run off and get married, but I've been around my fair share of wedding, boyfriend/girlfriends this year that it definitely keeps the embers burning.

I'm watching my baby sister fall in love... I've photographed many weddings, attended weddings as an onlooker, and still look forward to finding my match



No comments: